Applications for this role are open now. Apply today for immediate consideration.
What are the benefits of being a Correctional Industry Officer (CIO)?
- Enjoy job security. Hours of duty are 38 per week over 5 days (or over 7 days in some locations), some out of hours work may be required
- Enjoy a paid Programmed Day Off (PDO) every 28 days (part-time pro-rata)
- An excellent role to develop a career within the Department for Correctional Services in South Australia
- Join a government organisation dedicated to fair and equitable culture championing diversity
- 14 weeks of paid training to support you in your new role
- Obtain a nationally recognised accredited qualification – Certificate III in Correctional Practice (Adult Custodial)
Be rewarded with remuneration commencing at $64,458 + superannuation. Payment of a Correctional Industry and Vocational Training (CIVT) Allowance after 12 months employment.
Essential requirements of the role
- Possession of a relevant Trade qualification, OR a relevant industry recognised qualification OR a minimum 3 years comparative relevant industry experience.
- Be willing to undertake a National Criminal History Check
- Hold a South Australian Drivers Licence
- Provide First Aid Certificate identifying unit HLTAID003 or HLTAID011
This role is ideally suited to someone who is:
- Looking for either a career change or looking to develop their career in corrections
- Interested in working in a rehabilitative environment where you have the opportunity to help people turn their lives around
- Wanting to put their skills and experience to good use and work in an environment that is challenging and rewarding
- Seeking long-term employment prospects with career stability and advancement
Ready for this opportunity? Applications are open, so apply now for immediate consideration.