Start your career with SA Police as a Protective Security Officer today
Seize the opportunity to start a career with SA Police in an important PSO role responsible for the safety and security of our community.
Contribute to South Australia’s COVID-19 defence, by joining the team providing safe and secure quarantine for returning Australians at our medi-hotels as part of our state’s response to curbing the impacts of COVID-19 in South Australia.
Following successful completion of nine weeks paid professional training at the Police Academy, successful graduates are offered a 12-month contract and the opportunity to demonstrate your capability with a high- profile government agency.
What you will be doing as a PSO:
- Staffing security desks and control access in medi-hotels and other quarantine accommodation
- Operating security equipment including CCTV monitoring
- Assisting in perimeter and floor by floor monitoring and foot patrols
- Completing compliance checks; Monitoring and reporting all guest movements
- Maintain and keep records in journals, logbooks and other databases as required by SA Police.
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident aged over 18 years
- Patient, observant and confident problem solver
- Hold a current Class C Australian driver’s licence
- General fitness and able to complete an obstacle course
- Have, or be willing to obtain, a first-aid certificate and Working With Children Check, before graduating.
- Willing to have the COVID-19 vaccine
- Be clean-shaven to safely wear a face mask while working
What you will get:
- Be part of a close knit, high- profile team, supporting SA’s COVID-19 response
- Nine weeks paid training at the police academy in law and procedure, communication and operational safety.
- $55,315 with 21% penalty loading increasing this up to $69,000 plus superannuation on graduation.
- Work-life balance with rostered shifts over 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- The highest standard personal protective equipment to ensure your personal safety while working
- Uniform supplied
Don’t miss this chance to develop your career and gain unique experience.
Apply now to be considered immediately.
At HOBAN we embrace diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all backgrounds.
We provide reasonable adjustments; including alternate formats to the recruitment process for individuals with disability. If you require an adjustment to be made during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com or visit hoban.com.au/adjustments.