Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I apply for the Civil Construction Cadetship in Surveillance?
- You will get an opportunity to work on real-world civil construction projects
- This is a two-year paid cadetship with placements across government and civil construction
- Undertake a nationally accredited Certificate III in Civil Construction
What will my salary be?
Salaries for the cadetship will range from $70,791 to $87,640 plus 9.5% superannuation depending on experience.
What does the cadetship include?
- Paid employment
- Intensive industry induction program
- Accredited Training – Certificate III in Civil Construction
- Project placements
- Technical capability training
- Professional skills development
- Surveillance Mentors
Am I Eligible?
You will need to be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or have a valid work permit
You will need to have at least a probationary driver’s licence
When will I know if I have an offer?
Offers can be expected, approximately, in late February-mid March.
To find out more about Victoria’s major road and rail civil construction projects visit: www.bigbuild.vic.gov.au
Where is the cadetship located?
Level Crossing Removal Project, located across metro Melbourne
Major Road Projects Victoria, located across metro and regional (regional areas to be confirmed)
North East Link Project, located across metro Melbourne
Will I receive financial support towards travel and accommodation if I have to travel for work?
Travel and Accommodation funding will be subject to the requirements and approval of each employer Project Team.