Step up your career in disability support with Achieve Australia
HOBAN Recruitment has partnered with Achieve Australia to recruit for a number of roles to support its mission of providing care and support to Australians living with disability.
Achieve Australia is a community organisation that has been providing accommodation and support services to people with disability since 1952. Achieve Australia champion social inclusion, focusing on the individual needs and lives of the people they work with. Achieve Australia is an NDIS registered provider and delivers expert disability support services across Greater Sydney and the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales.
Being a part of Achieve Australia means being a part of a team that makes a difference in people’s lives within a supportive and friendly team environment and culture. You will join a network of more than 1100 staff and volunteers helping to:
- operate accessible community homes and facilitate independent living
- create meaningful employment opportunities for people with disability
- promote holistic wellbeing of our participants
- lead versatile Day Programs, supporting people with disability to pursue passions, interests and hobbies
- run Achieve Australia’s unique social and commercial enterprises.
Achieve Australia supports a workplace that embraces all people’s unique contributions and fosters social inclusion through the experience of belonging. Aboriginal Australians and people from diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply all roles available with Achieve Australia.
Opportunities to join Achieve Australia are available across Greater Sydney including Macquarie, Inner West, Kellyville, Wentworthville, Parramatta, Hornsby, The Hills District, North Ryde and Guildford.
Benefits of working with Achieve Australia
- Opportunity to kick start or further develop your career in disability support and healthcare with one of Australia’s leading disability services providers.
- Work within a rewarded role in a value-driven organisation.
- Gain access to generous employee benefits including NFP salary packaging options that include a range of entertainment benefits and novated leasing options.
- Work for an employer named 2021 Australian Financial Review BOSS’ Best Places to Work.
- Work-life balanced with rostered shifts that work around your schedule.
Learn more about the opportunities with Achieve Australia
Assistant in Nursing
The role as an Assistant in Nursing will see you undertaking routine processes and procedures to assist in providing clients with quality nursing and disability support services in a person-centred approach.
As an Assistant in Nursing (AIN) you will use your enthusiasm and experience to support independence for people with disabilities in all aspects of life. This includes – but is not limited to activities like – personal care, domestic and daily living support, budgeting, shopping, cooking and community participation.
- Certificate III in Disability or equivalent experience
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NSW Drivers’ License
- Current Working with Children Check
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide specialist clinical guidance across all clusters/sites through on-the-job clinical training and education to nursing and care staff, using best practice clinical skills and a person-centred approach to ensure optimal health outcomes for clients.
To be successful in this role you will be required to address the following selection criteria:
- Current Authority to Practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A minimum of 5 years post basic registration experience and evidence of sound theoretical knowledge, clinical competence and ongoing professional development as reflected in a Professional Practice Portfolio.
- Recent experience working with people with disability in a health or community setting.
For any enquiries regarding employment opportunities with Achieve Australia, please contact the team at HOBAN Recruitment on email@example.com
Not what you’re looking for?
Register your interest to be connected to opportunities when they are available by clicking the button below. Once you have registered your interest, your local HOBAN Recruitment consultant will contact you to discuss employment opportunities.