Are you a People Person?
Develop your Career and Contribute to the Safety of your Community
Multiple Opportunities are available now to join the Department for Correctional Services South Australia.
Training and Uniform Provided.
The Department for Correctional Services, South Australia is looking to hire multiple Trainee Correctional Officers (TCOs) for the Adelaide Metropolitan area, Port Augusta and other key prison sites across the Eyre Peninsula.
In this important role you will be essential in contributing to the safety and security of prisoners on their journey to rehabilitation.
Applications for this role are open now. Register your details today for immediate consideration.
Why is the role of a Correctional Officer great for me?
Correctional Officers come from a diverse range of backgrounds with varying life experiences. Whether you are a teacher, a retail assistant, work in an office, in hospitality or another sector, a career in correctional services is open to everyone with the highest level of honesty, integrity and understanding.
You don’t need previous experience as full training is provided. Just bring your life experience and good communication skills to join this high-profile Department.
About the opportunity
Join part of the South Australian Government. Help keep your community safe and enjoy working in a close-knit team.
You will be provided with comprehensive training to ensure you are ready to commence your new role with the right tools and knowledge to be successful.
On completion of training, you will be awarded a Certificate III in Correctional Practice (Adult Custodial) – a nationally recognised accredited qualification.
Start your career in criminal justice now – Full-time and Part-time positions are available.
What are the benefits of being a Trainee Correctional Officer (TCO)?
- Job security and a focus on work-life balance with a rotating 24/7 roster system, FT 19 days per month
- Enjoy a paid Programmed Day Off (PDO) every 28 days (part-time pro-rata)
- An excellent role to develop a career within the Department for Correctional Services in South Australia
- Join a government organisation dedicated to fair and equitable culture championing diversity
- 14 weeks of paid training to support you in your new role
- Obtain a nationally recognised accredited qualification – Certificate III in Correctional Practice (Adult Custodial)
Be rewarded with remuneration commencing at $51,887 p.a + superannuation for the first 12 weeks increasing to : $56,145 – $63,971 p.a + superannuation upon completion of training. (pro-rata salary for part-time employees).
The base salary plus appropriate penalties equates to an approximate annual average of $69,500 p.a. plus Superannuation.
Essential requirements of the role
- Be willing to undertake a National Criminal History Check
- Hold a South Australian Drivers Licence
This role is ideally suited to someone who is:
- Looking for either a career change or looking to develop their career in criminal justice
- Interested in working in a rehabilitative environment where you have the opportunity to help people turn their lives around
- Wanting to put their skills and experience to good use and work in an environment that is challenging and rewarding
- Seeking long-term employment prospects with career stability and advancement