- Apply online via the www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website
- Applicants who meet the minimum criteria after submitting a complete application including addressing targeted questions and resume will be emailed a link to an online cognitive ability assessment.
Online Cognitive Ability Assessment & Typing Assessments
- We will send you an email with a link to your assessment which you can complete online. The assessment will test your verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning skills as well as your typing speed. All the assessments used in this recruitment process have been designed by psychologists and have been thoroughly researched for their use in a variety of settings, including recruitment/occupational settings.
- Applicants who score adequately at previous assessment steps will be invited to a telephone interview. We will call you to book a suitable time to complete the telephone interview where we will ask you some questions to confirm some details and assess your match to the position requirements.
- If you are successful through the telephone interview stage you will be sent a personality profile via an email link to be completed online. The personality profile is designed to assess the workplace values, behaviours and skills that are critical to this Customer Service Representative role.
- The assessment centre will take about 4 hours and will be held at PoliceLink, Tuggerah.
- The assessment centre will include a number of activities to ensure that you possess the skills, conduct and characteristics required to become a Customer Service Representative. Applicants who attend our assessment centres are asked to participate in a group activity, a work role play, a customer service assessment and an interview with the panel. You will be assessed by a number of individual assessors throughout the assessment centre and there will be lots of opportunities to demonstrate your skills. Even though you will be working in a group, you will be measured individually against the position requirements for each activity.
- Applicants successful at the assessment centre will be invited to attend a panel interview with NSW Police in subsequent days.
Reference and Background Checks
- Applicants deemed successful at the panel interview will progress to reference and background checks.
- The anticipated start date is 25th January 2021.