Our client, a prominent Government regulatory agency, faced the challenge of recruiting a substantial number of candidates across Australia while ensuring strict compliance, due to the sensitive nature of the organisation’s work.
HOBAN Recruitment was tasked with providing a comprehensive solution to address this need and helped the organisation implement innovative recruitment processes!
HOBAN’s approach involved a three-phase strategy:
Phase One: Needs Analysis
- Conducted detailed requirements gathering workshops with key stakeholders to understand the role requirements thoroughly.
- Developed a proposal for an efficient recruitment solution that could screen and shortlist a large number of applications, with a goal of recruiting several hundred personnel within tight timeframes.
Phase Two: Detailed Solution Design
- Led by HOBAN’s Organisational Psychologist, designed a functional specification for the recruitment process, incorporating a capability-based recruitment framework, matrix design, and Assessment Centre components.
- Created custom resources and tools to support each stage of the recruitment process, ensuring they met the necessary timelines.
- Established a timeline to manage the high volume of applications at each step of the recruitment process.
Phase Three: Facilitation and Delivery of Solution
- Managed the administration, candidate support, and reporting for approximately 4,500 candidates who completed online assessments.
- Assessed over 1,200 candidates through assessment centres on a national scale in just five weeks.
- Controlled candidate data from each assessment centre, including digitising and uploading information to an online system for secure storage and reporting.
- Provided a substantial talent pool and comprehensive reporting for each Australian state.
The result of HOBAN’s efforts was the successful recruitment of over 750 qualified, tested, validated, and work-ready candidates into a comprehensive talent pool. Feedback from client stakeholders and candidates from all over Australia highlighted their high levels of satisfaction with their ability to demonstrate their abilities in the virtual assessment centre.