- < BACK
- ROLE DESCRIPTION
- CANDIDATE GUIDE
- COURSE OVERVIEW
- COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER COURSE OUTLINE
- CANDIDATE INFORMATION PACK
- Apply via the apply now button.
- Applicants who meet the minimum criteria after submitting a complete application including addressing targeted questions and resume will be emailed a link to an online cognitive ability assessment.
Cognitive Ability & Typing Assessments
- We will send you an email with a link to your assessments which you can complete online should you meet minimum criteria with your application. The assessments will test your verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning skills as well as your typing speed. All the assessments used in this recruitment process have been designed by psychologists and have been thoroughly researched for their use in a variety of settings, including recruitment/occupational settings.
- Applicants who score adequately at previous assessment steps will be invited to a telephone interview. We will call you to book a suitable time to complete the telephone call where we will ask you some behavioural interview questions to confirm some details and assess your match to the role requirements.
Reading Comprehension & Personality Profile
- If you are successful through the telephone interview stage you will be sent a reading comprehension and personality profile via two separate email links to be completed online. The personality profile is designed to assess the workplace values, behaviours and skills that are critical to this Communications Officer role.
- The assessment centre will take about 4 hours.
- The assessment centre will include a number of activities to ensure that you possess the skills, conduct and characteristics required to become a Communications Officer. Applicants who attend our assessment centres are asked to participate in a group activity, a work role play and a simulation including navigation and memory, and data entry and spelling assessments. You will be assessed by a number of individual assessors throughout the assessment centre and there will be lots of opportunities to demonstrate your skills. Even though you will be working in a group, you will be measured individually against the role requirements for each activity.
- Applicants successful at the assessment centre will be invited to attend a panel interview with NSW Police Force in subsequent days.
Reference & Background Checks
- Applicants deemed successful at the panel interview will progress to reference and background checks.
- The anticipated start date for Newcastle and Tamworth is 07/02/2022
- Applicants must address each of the targeted questions outlining how your knowledge, skills, and experience are relevant to the role.
- Applicants must provide the names and telephone numbers of at least of two referees, one of whom should be a recent supervisor.
- Applicants applying for ongoing roles within NSW Government must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Successful applicants will be subject to a National Police Check (more information in advertisement)
- Successful applicants will be subject to a Security Clearance (more information in advertisement)
- Application closing date is 07/11/2021 at 11:59pm