Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I apply for the Civil Construction Safety Cadet?
- You will get an opportunity to work on real-world civil construction projects
- This is a two-year paid cadetship with placements across government and civil construction contractors
- Undertake a nationally accredited Certificate IV and Diploma in Work Health and Safety
What will my salary be?
Salaries will commence from approximately $75,000 in your first year and build to up to approximately $85,000 plus superannuation depending on your skills and experience.
What does the cadetship include?
- Paid employment
- Intensive industry induction program
- Accredited Training – Certificate IV and Diploma in Work Health and Safety
- Project placements
- Technical capability training
- Professional skills development
- Safety Mentors
Am I Eligible?
You will need to be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or have a work permit or visa with full-time working rights valid beyond 2026.
When will I know if I have an offer?
Offers can be expected, approximately, in early December 2023.
Where can I find out more about Victoria’s Big Build Projects?
To find out more about Victoria’s major road and rail civil construction projects visit: www.bigbuild.vic.gov.au
Where is the cadetship located?
On any MTIA projects across metro Melbourne and regional Victoria (exact locations to be confirmed).
Will I receive financial support towards travel and accommodation if I have to travel for work?
Travel and Accommodation funding will be subject to the requirements and approval of each employer.